shabbyblog background

Friday, August 6, 2010

Nanny Goes Back to Work and My First Tutorial

Lagniappe Montessori just gained a really sweet addition.  Mrs. Debra, or the girls' Nanny has gone back to work after 10 years of being the "on-call" babysitter to us spoiled daughters.  Whatever will we do?  We will survive and Nanny will enjoy being a teacher again!  Congratulations, Nanny!  We are so proud of you!

Now for my tutorial!  
I was asked to do a tutorial so I am going to attempt and hope I don't fail miserably.
This pin is a little different from my original.  I will do that one too, but I have to get another button for the middle.

This is the finished product for my Twisted Loops Flower Pin.

Start with two materials cut in 8" squares.  Cut 4 strips from each square.

Fold the strip then twist as tightly as possible, loosely tie and sew together.  Alternate fabric patterns twisting and sewing the loops together as tightly as possible in the middle of the flower.

I just realized I forgot to show what the flower looks like before I sew the final touches.  I am not very good at this.  Then you pull the middle of the pedals down to pull it together.  Then sew a button in the middle and the pin on the back.
I will try to get better at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment