shabbyblog background

Sunday, September 18, 2011

What I Wore to the Derby, A Steal of a Deal, Cookies, Sillies, Mini Chocolate Pies, and I Need a Haircut!

Well, if I could wear a hat all the time, I would.  This is my brother in law's hat, which I have not returned yet, and I need to. HEHE!  I got the LBD at Ross, the ruffle belt at Forever 21, and the boots from Belk (my mom picked up for me last Christmas).  I think the entire outfit cost me 60 smackeroos!

Nene found this hat for Sophie to wear to the races.  We put a bow on it and she was good to go.

Me with the birthday boy!

Me with the MOST IMPORTANT BOY!  I LOVE!!!!!

After the races, we needed to go pick up something for the next birthday boy.  We have 4 family birthdays in September.  The 9th is IRC's, the 10th is DERDER, the 17th is MOM's, and the 18th is EAST's.  Anyway, I ran into Old Navy and found this shirt on the clearance rack.  I looked at the tag that said 97 cents and I just laughed.  Surely this couldn't be right.  So I looked for more shirts like this one to make sure and they all said it.  What's wrong with this shirt, I wondered.  Then I looked at the sale sign and it said, 30% more off sale price.  68 CENTS is what I paid for this shirt.  Will post a pic when it gets cool enough to wear.  Too Funny, I think that is the cheapest shirt I own.

A PreK mom shared her cookie recipe with me.  Now that is BIG.  She sales them for a living.  So I won't share it.  But I was so excited that I was able to duplicate!  These are my first attempt.  I made them for the first LSU game of the season and shared them with Scott's family.

Then IRC had one and beg for those for her birthday!  So this is what she had.

Miss B got to spend the night and here they are being precious as usual, hanging upside down in Scott's chair!

Found a recipe on Pinterest called Kiss Pies.  I didn't have hershey kisses but I had some dove chocolate that worked just as well.  All you do is cut circles from pie shells and put the chocolate in the middle, wrap it up and bake.  Then squirt some canned whip on and oh my that is yummy!!!

This is the picture I took and sent to my hair dresser to let her know that my days had become ponytail days and that I needed her desperately to make me an appointment.  Pretty Silly Face!  My Sunglasses look HUGE!!!  I look like a sour bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment